iReal Pro app for iPhone and iPad
7728 ratings )
Current version: 8.2.1
, last update: 3 months ago
First release : 02 Dec 2008
App size: 105.42 Mb
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazines 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• Its a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• Its a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AudioBus and guitar connection kits
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
Pros and cons of iReal Pro app for iPhone and iPad
iReal Pro app good for
I use it all the time. Excellent and convenient for my students.
Well, I can just recommend it. It is a wonderful tool for those of us who love music! Cheers!
It s a wonderful practise tool! but please, re-enable the possibility of looping one single bar!! since last update this feature seems to be gone. only by draging a bar selection over at least 2 bars the loop button appears. this is annoying when working on pieces bar-wise.
And please offer more styles (how about some rock?)
Custom progressions, download and edit progressions. Very helpful! A lot of youtube play-alongs use this app
iReal Pro was the reason which got me an IPhone ;)
device for Jazz musicians! Perfect for practise. I dont want to miss it.
Ive just started learning the tenor sax, and iReal b has already proven (after only a few days) its enormous value. Im trying (with the assistance of a great teacher) to learn to play and improvise mostly by ear. After loading an enormous playlist of jazz and gypsy jazz standards into the software (which probably took less than 10 "clicks"), I instantly started playing (and playing around) tracks that I know and love.
The accompanying algorithmic "band" is great -- piano and drums sound fantastic and have a very natural rhythm (the developer is a musician, and it shows).
It would be great if a future version of the software would allow to loop a song endlessly. It would also be great if one could record the drums and piano simultaneously with the sound coming into the internal microphone (a great way to send a "full track" to a friend or to ones teacher!).
Some bad moments
iReal Pro (Version 5) is really a mess.
One has to struggle with some apparently new presets, which make it a nuisance, to simply give in some chords.
Grrr ... i want my iReal b back!
As a longtime user of the old iReal b I have to say:
The editor of
...I expect a little more. May be for Jazz musicians its a good tool, but some essentials Im missing. Rock sounds are only two available and they sound terrible and the downloads of the forum are often not playing.
For more then 12€ they have a lot of homeworks to do.
With just chords and no melodies this is literally one notch above totally useless. This is a waste of money please dont waste your money you can find the melodies and chords online for free but you want to pay money for just chords and then youll have to find the free file online to complete the song anyways....this is literally a waste of money and the only reason I bought it was because it used to look like a fake book which means it had melodies so I assumed and I was ignorant.
This doesnt have melodies, just chords, therefore its a waste of money.
After the update to iOS 9.1 the songs skip during playback, so it is impossible to play!
Urgent update is needed! Update to 9.2 did not solve the issue.
ireal pro - music book & play along,
Real Guitar Pro,
ireal pro - music book & backing tracks,
and other. So, download free iReal Pro .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually iReal Pro iOS app used & searched for